DD's & I have a horrible, nasty, itchy, cough,....it's been here for over a week,...HELP!

I am SO tired of this cough, it came a few days ago for me, but my dd's have had it a little over a week, they are both on antibiotic, but it's STILL HERE! My ears are killing me, and my head feels like a big puss ball ready to explode! My back is also killing me, and it's hard to breath, especially if I ''breathe too hard'' i start to cough....please help!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• sounds like you need to go to a doctor hon.....it could be a really bad cold/sinus infection,allergies,bronchitis.....the list goes on.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 11:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ...bronchitis....story of my life, i've had that about 3 times in the past year,.....i am going to make an appointment tomorrow, but for now i need sleeeeep lol
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• same here, my DS and I have been sick for almost 2 weeks, I was spitting with blood. the baby wakes up coughing all night long, my throat hurts. We went to see a doctor and they just check the temperature and tell me " the lungs are clear, he's going to be ok" and same thing for me.. allright thank you very much doc ! Now he also have runny nose, AND is teething... poor guy, it seem like he has been sick all the time since he was born (he went trough a tuff winter)

I gave him homeopathie for teethig and now for colds. I just drink a lot of tea, it helps, and we take hot bath with essentials oil (chamomille, lavender and eucalyptus, to help breathing) but we are still both coughing a lot.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 11:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i would bulk up on vitamins and water...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I've been coughing two weeks, no blood, or stuffiness. My cough actually started up after I came back to Texas to stay with family (for a bit) could just be allergies ~ I know mine act up when the season changes... usually takes a month for it to clear >< I agree with asil water and vitamins might help. My four year old son is coughing a bit, so I rub the vapor rub on his chest and that seems to help him thru the night.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 11:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Sounds like allergies.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 11:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My DD has the cough & congestion also=[ She's had it for 5 days now. I feel so bad for her but the doctor says its going around!

Try putting vicks in a pot of boiling water, put a towel over your head & put your face over the pot to breathe the vapor in. That always helps me SO much when I get like that! FEEL BETTER!!!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Have you been to the doctor yet?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• go to doctor, you probably need antibiotics too.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 1:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011