I don't know which direction to follow!?

One day, I want to be a history teacher. The next day, I want to be a business owner. Last week, I wanted to be a writer (I actually have a few stories but have yet to submit them). Next week, I may want to be a photographer. I think you get my point. I really don't know what to do. I was in school to be an elementary school teacher, but between having my husband deployed, having a two year old, working, and having a full time load at school plus an internship, I didn't do well, and I just broke. I was so set on what I wanted to do. I took some time off and once my husband came back, I started school again but found out that I really didn't want to be an elementary school teacher. Since then, I have been so confused. I have changed majors 3 times. I just can't find my passion any more. I am in a dead end job and I hate it but don't know what to do. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Make a list of things you'd like to check out. Then spend time doing it. Maybe you can volunteer in each field for a short time to see if you would like it. It's normal to not know what you want to do. Call your unemployment office and see if they give the free aptitude test. That will help by telling you which field you would be good in and it gives you suggestions of what jobs would be best for your skills. It's worth investing a couple of hours to save money in tuition down the wrong field. I graduated with my first degree with way too many credits bc I kept changing majors! THEN I took that test and it hit the nail on the head for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011