How do YOU make rice krispies treats?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 11:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The recipe use to be on the rice krispie box.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my dad makes them not exactly sure how but he melts chocolate and puts it on top YUMMY!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i cheat and use the marshmallow creme. i put a few tablespoons of peanut butter in the last batch and they sure didn't last long
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 11:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i think they put it on the inside of the box now.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i use the reciepe but i dont use the marshmellow cream beacuse they dont stick together into bars, the way theyre supposed to. at least ive never been able to make thatwork
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Butter, marshmallows and rice krispies :)
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 11:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yup, butter marshmellows and rice krispies.. sometimes m&ms or chocolate chips!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• 1 tablespoon of butter for every 10 big marshmallows - small bag has about 40, big bag has about 70. Melt on the stove and stir in RK - I don't measure those. Press in a buttered pan. Last time I used caramel vanilla marshmallows and they were soooooo good. Older marshmallows leave the RK crisp, fresher mallows make them get stale in a hurry. Mmm, I think I'm gonna go make some now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• They are pretty good if you make them with one cup of light corn syrup, one cup sugar, one cup peanut butter. Heat on medium high heat until you bring it to a boil. Let boil, stirring constantly for a minute. Add four cups of rice krispie cereal and press firmly into a 13 x 9 pan lightly sprayed with non cooking spray. However, you can use any kind of cereal you would like. My son loves it when I put in golden grahms. You can even mix and match cereals and nuts as long as it works out to four cups. They are yummy and you can make so many different kinds.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• rice krispies, butter and marshmallows
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2011