Why does Cafe Mom fail to remove some things when they are reported such as...

Personal attacks on others

Verbal abuse towards another member

Name calling

Harrasing comments

I'm not saying they don't remove things, but I have reported some pretty nasty stuff, even someone calling another memeber a C$nt and it was never removed, in fact it continued.

So I'm not talking about differing opinions, I'm talking about blatantly breaking CM guidelines.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Really good question.
    Anonymous

• I wonder that myself. It says not to report it more than once, but if they're not going to remove it, I'm going to continue to report it.
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I've seen some pretty tame stuff deleted while truly nasty things remained. Not so much any more, but there was a time that I truly believed the CM Admins were letting their personal feelings on politics determine what they deleted and what they didn't.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think it comes down to squeakiness of the wheel - more reports on a single answer, more likely it gets deleted.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Wait, wait! I found it! I had to search through dozens of threads in a group of mine to find it, but:

Your answer ("President of USA") to the question "Obama week 2: How would you describe him in 3 words or less?" has been removed.

Don't post something just to inflame others.

Posts designed solely to upset another mom or group of moms are a violation of the Community Guidelines.

> The CafeMom Admin Team

That's not the only one like that, but I haven't found them, yet.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I've only ever actually reported one answer - and it was B-A-D, really bad, someone attacked a woman personally who was simply stating that she disagreed with someone (specific) ... I didn't just ask them to remove it... I cited their own rules as the reason and pointed out that it was a direct violation. - They removed it.
    Heck, I know I've 'called out' a few people from time to time (on my own questions) when they are doing exactly that ^^ -- posting solely to upset another mom (or me). I'm a huge proponent of "address the subject or question" don't start throwing insults and just trying to start drama. I can think of one mom in particular who is very well known for doing just that. I try to avoid her like a plague.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Duster I'm starting to think so myself.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I reported for being personally attacked. She followed me to my groups and commented here in Answers about what was said in a group. Had nothing to do with the question. She mentioned my husband and everything. She asked if he "allowed" me to post that day. I turned her in and nothing. She complains about instigators yet she is very instigating. She also despise anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Wow, anon! I'm so sorry! That must have really sucked. I'd be irritated with that.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2011