Anxiety!

Does anyone ever get severe panic/anxiety more than twice a week? I have suffered from anxiety so bad since I was 7 years old. I have had it for over 20yrs now. I was just wondering if there is anyone else there that can relate in any way? Thanks!

dolphingoddess

Asked by dolphingoddess at 11:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• this is a breathing technique a counsler taught me a while ago. idk if you know one so i thought i would share just incase.
    breathe in for ten seconds. (yes its a long time, it took me practice to be able to breathe in that long lol)
    hold for three seconds
    breathe out(slowly) for ten seconds

do this at least three times.
    it lowers hormones in your body and makes the anxiety go away.
    if it doesn't work right away keep doing it and it will help!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have that too , good luck to you
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have, and even though I still have anxiety I don't get severe attacks very often. But I do panic more than once a week. I wake up in the middle of the night panicking for no apparent reason. That's the worst.
    Anonymous

• You can get medication for it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Oh, and I started having panic attacks at 7 years old too. I really wish someone would have reconginzed the signs and done something for me then, instead of letting it go on and causing so much trouble in my teen years.
    Anonymous

• i'm sorry, i don't have anxiety issues... best of luck
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am on medication now. I have been on the same one for 3 yrs and it works for me. But since I am pregnant the doctor lowered my dosage. I was just wondering if anyone can relate. Its comforting knowing that I am not alone.
    dolphingoddess

Comment by dolphingoddess (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I believe that I have anxiety attacks..Well, thats what some people have told me thats what it is. I get them every time I go to the store, when I'm at the check out at the store my hearts starts racing real fast and my face turns bright red and sometimes I get really light headed..Its so embarrassing, It also happens when I talk to people, even if its my family or best friend..the same thing happens, I am not on meds and never have been for it.. But if thats an anxiety attack, than I feel your pain!
    urbuttacup88

Answer by urbuttacup88 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have severe social anxiety. It sucks.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 11:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• oh I'm like that too urbuttacup88 I'm like that around friends and family.. and sometimes when I'm typing online XD what did help were those breathing exercises that ElsaSalsaaa mentioned and the fact I can mediate helps.
    I'm also over anxious about my two boys.. they always make me nervous lol the things they get into.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 11:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011