Gov't shutdown....what's closed?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/04/politics/interactive.govt.shutdown.list/index.html?hpt=T2

....sad, members of congress continue to get paid, while they do nothing as the govt shuts down....yet our troops ''are continuing to get paid'' but will not receive a paycheck.....is there something wrong with this picture?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have just heard about this and am not sure what is going on...my hubby is away at basic training for the army right now so I am quite worried
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My hubby is army and I am praying this does not happen :/
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Damn! The white house gift shop will shut down. Where are our priorities?

LOL
    Anonymous

• http://themilitarywallet.com/militay-members-get-paid-during-government-shutdown/

Read this link. From Military....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That isn't an official military site minnesotanice. Bottom right corner says ... Disclaimer: The content on this site is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not professional financial advice. References to third party products, rates, and offers may change without notice. Please visit the referenced site for current information.

If you actually read the entire article, it makes no bones about military members being paid up until the 8th .... but not the remaining days between the 8th and the 15th if they shut down, Try this one instead.

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When you get done with that first article, try this one. All of you defending the dems on this one ... this is what the left has to look forward to politically because of the stance on military pay. Here is another that details what military families will be putting up with.

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It's sad that these military families may not get enough income to support their families. If they are looking for ways to save money, I say that everybody (including the senate, the house of representatives, congress, and all other positions in the higher authority in Washington), that these people should start with cutting their own salaries to pay these military families. My ex FIL received a check from the VA several month ago for $72,000. I still don't understand that one. He's on disability too. If they can pay that type of money to people, why can't they pay these families the money they need in order to survive?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2011