My son spits up?

So my son will be 6 months old on April 14th, he only drinks 4 ounces at a time, people tell me that he should be drinking more than that, and I agree. When he does drink more than 4 ounces though, like if he drinks 5 ounces (which is usually the most he will drink, he acts like he is too full to drink any more than that) he will spit up, its not alot but I dont think he should be spitting up from only 5 ounces at his age. Is this normal? Or is there something I should be doing to help him to drink more and not spit up?

urbuttacup88

Asked by urbuttacup88 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if your peditrician isn't concerned about his weight gain then i dont think its a problem.
    talk to your doctor about it and they will give you clear info based on your sons specific medical history/weight/situation etc
    maybe he has reflux? try keeping him sitting up for a while after he eats. thats not very specific i know but its been a while since I dealth with reflux lol but you could do a little reading on reflux and try a few things such as keeping him up right and see if it helps.
    but if youre concerned about his eating habits definitely talk to his doctor at his next check up, they'll give you some good info
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Is he eating baby food yet? That would help fill him up. And is he formula? It could be the type you are using.
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He isnt eating baby food yet, I am waiting til he is 6 months..even though he is probably ready. and yes he is drinking similac advanced. Thanks for all the info!
    urbuttacup88

Comment by urbuttacup88 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Babies spit up..if its not effecting his growth or hurting him then its fine. give him what he will take..he knows how much his body needs. My son spits up(reflux) and has from day one and it is horrible..its gotten extremely better since the beginning but that has also been bcuz he started solids. If you think he is ready for solids I would give it a try..it will help keep his milk down as well. Maybe an extra burp in his feeding will help..but talk to his Dr and research acid reflux..GL!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011