Any suggestions on what I should look for in a co-sleeper?

Want something that can scoot up even with my bed or I can put the side up to move it around during the day. Not exactly sure what else I should think about.....

(P.S. our bed is just too small for co-sleeping in bed)

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 11:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have heard of people taking a crib and removing one side and putting it up flush with the bed. We have baby in our bed, so I haven't used a co-sleeper or anything before.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @Adelicious...that's right...cribs aren't made for co-sleeping :) anyway..the arms reach co-sleeper has leg raisers that you can actually buy from BAbies r us that will elevate the sleeper to the height of the bed. We have a really elevated bed too, but ours is huge so she sleeps with us :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I've heard good things about the Arms Reach co-sleeper =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The arms reach co-sleepers I see aren't level with the bed.... are there some that are?
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Cribs aren't made for co-sleeping.
    Adelicious

• But it looks like the Arm's Reach still has a lip or a barrier between mama and baby.... is it just that way in the picture? Can that be removed?
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Arms Reach. They sell leg extenders so that you can adjust the height, as many beds are different heights.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, there is a slight "lip" but it did not interfere with co sleeping for us. I know cribs are not intended for co sleeping, but I do know many people that have successfully done that. Keep in mind that the Arms Reach has a weight limit (can't remember) and should not be used when baby can sit up on their own (though I still used it, just carefully)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Thanks Krystal! Someone responded "That's what cribs are made for" just to be smart, I guess, but it looks like their answer was removed. I'm hoping we can get away with skipping buying a crib since we already have one for our older child and maybe we can move him onto the regular bed in time for the new baby to use a crib. We'll just see.
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011