how can i get my one year old to sleep through the night

my daughter wakes up every few hours during the night. sometimes just for a few seconds, sometimes for the whole night. I feel like i have tried everything. I have a hard time just letting her cry(as i've been told to do) any one have any secrets ? or ideas?

katie707

Asked by katie707 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am having the same problems, some nights I am up 2 times some nights it's 6, I would really love to get my son to sleep through seeing as how we are going to be having a brand new baby here soon
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I went through this BIG TIME with my son - who has never been a sleeper since birth - finally at 8 months old and 3 days straight of him waking every hour on the hour and screaming for up to 30 minutes each time I brought him to the doctor and he said in basic terms that Max is playing me - that I wasn't been consistant enough and all he knew was that no matter how long he would cry, I would end up in there - I used the crying it out method because his colic was so severe for 5 months and I added to that afterwards by not being consistant that I needed a tough quick way to fix it before I went insane myself - but I was used to the crying so it didn't break my heart like it does some others - anyway - they have tons of books out there - my biggest pc of advice is just find one that works for you and stick to it!! No matter what.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008