WAH Direct Sales Moms - Do Cafe Moms Support You?

Is CM working for moms in direct sales? Are you getting sales here? Do ads in groups or forums work? Do you have to make friends first? What works, what doesn't? Share your experiences....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have stuff on my page, I have posted in the marketing and I have not got one sale and on my Journals I have had like 23 people read it but no comments. I am getting nothing here!
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I delete and block people that try to advertise on my chatter box or add me as a friend only to try to sell me something!!
    There are enough adds out there with out someone trying to shove there product down my throat!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• According to the rules at Cafe Mom, you are not allowed to advertise or tell people about your business or try to sell anything/. So , if you are planning on selling or soliciting, it won't work , won't be allowed..Sorry.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm confused - there are lots of groups that say it is ok to advertise in the group in a certain place and there are lots of groups specifically for WAH ads. I just want to know if the ads work. Aren't the rules talking about unwanted, unsolicited ads (i.e. SPAM)?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am not in direct sales but I do get responses from here. I advertise in the groups that are OK to advertise in. Now you can't come on here and advertise on a random question but if someone asks "I want to work from home, what can I do?" You can advertise then and only then. Trust me, people will try to report your answer if it's even remotely questionable. Cafemom will delete you answer and let you know that it's considered advertising. They won't delete it if it's OK. I.e. putting your business under you name is considered advertising on the ?'s.

I do have a problem with some moms having their opinion and saying things that aren't true, when they haven't even tried what I do but you just have to educate people on the facts. It's a battle sometimes but as with anything, you must roll with the punches and set the facts straight.

If you're thinking about advertising, I wish you the best of luck in your business!! :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The groups that allow advertising are just made up of moms who sell, not moms who buy.

Advertising rates on CafeMom start at around $20,000

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You can post your ads or selling items in the MarketPlace here on CafeMom. I have gotten to know people here and they have teamed up with me (I don't sell anything) But relationship building is always best. I will buy something from someone if I have gotten to know them and they aren't pushy.
    Good Luck!
    lradant

Answer by lradant at 10:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Nope, never made any sales from posting ads on Cafemom or any free sites.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 5:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011