Compromise...

My boyfriend brought home a puppy and I did not want a dog! I like dogs just not in my house, I am sort of OCD when it comes to my house being clean and having a puppy pee in it is REALLY stressing me out! There are lots of problems coming from this puppy. I am well aware of what it takes to care for an animal as I worked in a pet store and doggy day care for years. I know it isn't right to get an animal and give it away but I seriously don't think I can handle having a dog. We don't even have the money right now to take her to the vet to get fixed and stuff and I feel that having a pet without being able to afford proper vet care is cruel. If an emergency happened to her we wouldn't be able to afford to take her to the vet and that isn't right! I try telling him we don't need her and that I don't want her but he just gets angry. I don't know how to compromise with him on this. I have to care for her for 10 hours while he is at work and that's not fair! I am nice to her and even like to cuddle with her and I make sure she is taken care of the best of my ability, I just really can't handle the stress from it or the finances.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him to get rid of the dog - that was insensitive of him to dump that on you.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Crate train her, call a local human society for help for the "fixing", tell him he needs to take her to work with him b/c your not the dog sitter!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• See if he is willing to give the dog to another family member. That way he can still spend time with the dog but you won't have to worry about the dog in your house. If your son is allergic to the dog, that should be reason enough. Is your son scared of it? If so, that's another reason.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm with everyone else. Let the boyfriend take care of him.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have been trying to crate train her, she won't poop in the house or in her crate but she pee's every where! She will squat right in front of me five mins afer I take her out!! Her crate smells like pee in the morning because he won't get up in the middle of the night to take her out. I am sick of cleaning up pee and taking her out every 30 min. My son is 3 and may be allergic to dogs anyways.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• He isn't scared of her but she chews his toys up and he isn't fond of that. It's just too much responsibility for me to put on top of other things.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• sigh

brieri

Answer by brieri at 7:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2011