Scrapbooking help

i want to start...scrapbooking and dont know how to start/ There are diff types of materials and pages and cardstock ay ya yai!!!!!

I just wanna have fun with putting together a scrapbook for my daughter in law- she is pregnant.

And my daughter and her fiance are going to get married--so what a better time to start scrapbooking right? I just need to know where and how to start.

Asked by Elda90042 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I keep a book for my son. All you need is to buy a memory book at a craft store like Hobby Lobby or a place like Jo-Ann Fabrics. Pick your size, then get some stickers, maybe some sharpies and colorful paper for decorating how you like. Print off photos from the computer or from a photo center at the store, though at home is cheaper. Most places have a section just for scrapbooking (even Walmart last I checked)

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 12:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Along with what EdwinsMommy said, I would get the pictures together and organized. That is what takes me the longest. Once I figure out which pictures to use the 'decorating' part pretty much falls into place. I love scrapbooking and shopping for goodies. Have fun!

Answer by JeannieBee at 6:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• There are also alot of on-line scrapping sites that while they will try to sell you stuff (you don't have to buy anything) will offer alot of good ideas on how to lay out pages. Also check out books from your local libarary. You don't have to buy the most expensive stuff to have a great book.

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Find a Creative Memories consultant in your area, they should have so many amazing and easy ideas for you :)

Answer by lapcounter at 1:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Getting you photos organized is definitely the first step! Go to you local craft store to buy an album and a paper should have paper or card stock, stickers, chip board shapes/letter. There are thousands of website that can guide you in making a scrap album. check out for some direction. Good luck :) Scrapping is just so much fun!

Answer by JenE1098 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Just pick your favorite photo's , some paper that works with the photo's theme, some fun stuff and enjoy. Don't make it into a chore or you will never finish. You might end up like me with 19 years of photos in a shoe box...

Answer by chris219 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011