When to have baby #2??

My daughter is 5 months and 2 weeks. She makes me so happy and i am completely happy with just her...but i am starting to feel like i want to have another baby soon... with her only being 5 months, do you think it would be too early to try for another?

how close or far apart are your kids and what are the benefits of the differences?

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I cant answer as I am only having my one
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have a 20month old and 4 year old and they get along so well ^^. When both you and your SO are prepared for another, then why not ?
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 12:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Very early. Give your body a chance to heal. This is only your first child you are gonna face many things down this road, many challenges because being a mother is not easy so get the hang of motherhood first because you go baby-crazy. These are normal feelings though, I've felt like that too but I know that it's better to wait. My 2 children are 4 years apart and the benefit is that my 4 year old daughter is very independent in certain areas and that she is in school full-time. You will face many challenges having two toddlers running around, one is hard enough.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Gomez- Yes! Thats what i was thinking. But my brother and sister-in-law got pregnant with their second child 4 months after having their first. Yeah it is hectic but some of the benefits of having them so close is they can teach the older son to "be nice, gentle" which makes him more sensitive in how he acts towards other ppl, not just babies. But i guess you can always teach that to your kid without another baby lol But i guess i am just gettin "baby crazy" lol :-)
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I had baby fever then & it hit it's peak when my DD turned a year old. Now at 18 months, the baby fever has tappered off because DD is a handful! lol. Baby fever is an overwhelming feeling, I thought I was going to give in at any moment!

I do enjoy having only her. Like Gomezmami2908 said, get the hang of motherhood! I'm still learning new things daily & I'm honestly scared to bring in a second in fear she will get VERY jealous (she is my baby & she knows it!). If I happened to find out I'm pregnant, I'd be happy but I'm not trying since I'm content at where I am at with my first.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• content with* I'm tired:)
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Some people like their kids really close in age. But I think it's a good idea to get one out of diapers before having another child. Of course I do have three. My first two are five years apart, and my second two are six years apart.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Thats the other thing i am worried about. I couldnt see me loving another more than my daughter. I love her so much. She is everything to me...and what if i always favor her because she is was the "first child"?
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That's what I thought too but now that my 2nd child is here I really do love them both equally and immensely.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• :-) Thats so sweet.... im sure that will be the same for me.
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011