Just need to vent....

I just celebrated another birthday...alone. Since my divorce I've dated a little here and a little there but nothing serious.....I think I meet someone nice but I find out that I made another mistake. As a matter of fact it just happened again. He was nice looking, smart, well spoken, very good job but he is married to his job....everything is about work..Getting tired of being alone..I've been divorced for almost 5 years now...I would love to have that special someone in my life but it just doesn't seem to happen.  confused

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Happy Birthday
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• YOu didn't say how long you've been divorced... these things take time... after my divorce...I never ever considered dating for a long time..I just needed time to focus on ME and the kids... its a healing process... you don't wanna jump into dating too soon or for the wrong reasons.. you should make some solid friendships first...try t find some local groups that share your interests...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 12:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm sorry the right man will come along soon enough, just be patient. why not have a little fun while you're ' waiting'..? You could get together with friends and go out. Don't get discouraged, he's out there :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Aww, Happy Birthday to you! Everything comes in its own perfect time. You'll find Mr. Right., when the time is right
    NataliaWalle

Answer by NataliaWalle at 12:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Oh and happy birthday!!!
    Raccoon

• sit down and think about what it is your attracted to.............. then think of the guys you didn't give a second thought about...........and if your attraction is fiscaltry to look past that, then try to go out with someone you thought you wouldn't even think about before. you might be able to find someone where you least expect it.......................I did ;o) (we've been together 14yrs) I hope that made sense.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You may be looking for a certain type and overlooking someone special who isn't as smart, good looking or any other thing that seems important. I found my soul mate when I stopped looking. He found me, wasn't my type at all and ended up giving it a try. Turned out to be the best thing I ever did. Short, fat, bald, shy...can be more than they appear! Give love a chance as a blind person!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Aw I'm sorry!! I know its so hard to not have someone there on that special day. Just try to go day by day and before you know it, the right guy will follow into your lap. Put yourself into situations to meet new men. For example, a painting class.. a membership to a new gym... church? LOL Sorry had to say it. Maybe a dancing classing like ballroom dancing or salsa dancing? Also, quit looking for one. As soon as you quit looking and become ok with being single, the right one will come along. I can almost promise you that. I know that looking outside of your "type" is helpful as well. It really is. I know that from experience, LOL! Give someone a chance that you normally wouldn't. Who knows, it could be the right one ?? You have to think outside of the box!!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• oh yeah!!!!happy birthday  partybirthday sweetpeablowing candles

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with being alone. My mother always told me, "I would rather be alone and miserable than to be miserable with somebody." Being alone isn't the worst thing in the world. At least you aren't in a relationship and being abused.

Maybe there is a part of you that's just not ready to be in a serious relationship. Don't think that you have to be in a relationship right now. Sometimes you meet people when you're not even looking. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2011