help...

i've been in "labor " for a week now and i've tried everthing to make it progress...my contractions still aren't in a pattern...i've tried sex, walking squats..what else cn i do? i plan on begging my doctor to induce me when i go in on tuesday but my due date isn't for another week and i'm afraid my baby is getting distressed bc of all the contractions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i've heard castor oil.. i've never tried it though... if that doesn't work... beg the doctor.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• why not just let the baby come when he/she is ready??

Anonymous

• ive tried castor oil TWICE!! and it didnt work.. trust me i wanted my son out realllly bad n i tried everything to.. hate to say it but he will come when he is ready.. good luck and hang in there
    stressedmommy88

Answer by stressedmommy88 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Your dr will do some test to check on the baby.. NST and AFI if you go past your due date to see if it is neccessary to induce, but they usually do not induce until atleast a week late sometimes two. Your dr will probably strip your membranes at your next apt. if you have a pelvic to help it along. But keep walking, and moving.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Watch in 3 years they are going to say that inducing can cause problems. HOnestly I got induced with my son and he gets sick alot more then my daughter who I let come on her own. I would never get induced again JUST let your baby come on his own.
    Anonymous

• Try to make yourself comfortable instead. Baby will come when he/she is ready. It will happen soon enough. I know it sounds crazy, but try to "enjoy" the last few days or weeks of pregnancy. Take warm baths, read a book, take naps... you wont get many very soon!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008