Has anybody ever had pain in their heel before?

I've really had no problem with this until today. I was out shopping with my mom and my son and by the time I got home my heel hurt so bad that it reminded me of having a sprained ankle. But it's not my ankle. I have never had this happen before and I was hoping someone could tell me whether to see a doctor or try to treat it first. If treat first, then, how?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Is it like the back of your heel or the bottom part that touches the ground? My Mom had a problem with Plantar Fasciitis (sp?) and that caused her some heel pain, she had to ice it, rest it, take anti-inflammatories, etc. But yes it did resolve itself. Did you ever think of trying orthotics (shoe inserts specially made for your feet)? Our Costco has them now, they're not cheap but they can go in most 'sensible' shoes, sneakers, etc, might be easier than meds, etc.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes I have but I honestly don't know what it was...it went away by itself
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• LOL tigrefan98 took my answer.

I had that, my future MIL had it as well.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I can't spell it either, but I agree with tigrefan98. My chiropractor helped a lot when I had it, plus stretching exercises and anti inflamatories.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• my mom did and she never really found out what it was from but her shoes made all the difference. Get a good pair of tennies or dress shoes like BARE brand...
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 8:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2011