Do you think most people try to impress others?

Do you find that people do certian things just to impress others? Do they live beyond their means so others don't look down on them?

Asked by TwinkleLites at 12:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I definitely think people are like that. I just live my life the way I want to and if someone doesn't like it, well...then it's a good thing it's MY life and not THEIRS lol

Answer by jspenny2705 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think a lot of people are like that. It's a sad thing.

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think most do. It sad that you have to try and be something your not just to feel accepted.... course me... I'm good with just being me. like it or not.... no aweat off my back and less drama

Answer by kkbird at 1:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• There are definitely people out there who judge themselves based on other people's impressions of them so yes. But I don't think EVERYONE is like this though....There are plenty of other people who have healthy egos and don't find the need to validate themselves that way.

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• oh yeah

Answer by smiley745 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think it is a mark of immaturity - as you age, you just care less about competing with the Joneses.

Answer by tasches at 1:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yup, a lot of ppl do that. Its sad bc they are too worried what others think to actually be happy. Most of the time, ppl that do everything to impress people, are miserable.

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I do want to add though, that there are people that you should try to impress. Like your boss or someone interviewing you!! Important ppl like that.

Answer by loudnproud87 at 7:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2011