Can this happen?

me and my ex have a daughter together a couple month ago i told him never to come around her anymore, he cheated on me i just dont want him around her,now he has this other girlfriend who is having a baby boy so my daughter and her son will be half siblings....i was just told by someone because im not letting my ex see my daughter that i can get into trouble, and the judge will vote more towards him, im talking to his new girlfriend having the baby right now and i asked her about it she said its happened to her dad before keeping her from her mom

does that happen or was someone just trying to scare me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• A judge will go by who cares best for the child. The ex can get visitation but make it supervised atleast til you are sure your child is safe.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 1:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well if his new girlfriend is there i know my daughters safe but he doesnt want my family getting near his girlfriend so she wont come around
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Legally you cant keep him from his daughter without it being court ordered. He can use that against you. I do not think the judge will rule more so in his favor simply because you did not allow him to see her. It'll be based on who has been taking care of her and which one of you seems more fit.

Most cases they rule in the mothers favor.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well since his girlfriend has been through this with her parents she told him to save all the messages i sent telling him not to see my daughter...thats why im scared (i found out she told him that from my friend, her sister is friends with the girlfriend)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes he can use that against you. My aunts husband took her last 2 kids. She took it to court, but he showed that she was an unfit parent.

She hasnt seen her kids on over 12 years.

The messages, anything that you do that shows you in a bad light...not good.

No more leaving messages. Try to be cordial. Even if you don't want him around your daughter....make sure the messages are left in a nice way.

Sounds difficult lol. But like I said. Don't do anything that paints you in a bad light.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• his girlfriend is waaaaaaaay smarter at this then i am and shes only 18, he can ask her for anything and she can tell him what to do....shes nice but she scares me with how much she knows about this stuff
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well i guess his new girlfriend is really good she just talked me into letting my ex see my daughter after 3 months of not letting him...we'll see how that goes though
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011