HOT!!!!

Ok ladies I need some help. I dont' know what else to do. I am 29 weeks pregnant and dying of the heat. I genereally suffer from "hot flashes" that last at least an hour if not 2 and occur about 5 times a day. I'm always hot. Even when i'm not having a hot flash i'm still too warm. Its a brisk 53 degrees outside but freaking 77 in the house. Unfortunately I live with my parents and have no control or vote in the thermostat which is currently turned off (FYI an hour ago it was 75 so its gone up.) I have the warmest most poorly vented room in thehouse. Fans make me sick but I've had them blowing for 2 weeks because i'm so hot and its making me sick. I wear as next to nothing as i can and all natural fibers. I sleep covered in wet washclothes to try to cool down and that too is making me sick. I am currently trying to use a little frozen lunch buddy to cool down and its having Zero affect. I do not have a fever. I keep checking, then I could do something. I am drinking more fluids than recommended so i'm not dehydrated either. I just need some relief. ANy ANY practical suggestions welcome.

GoldenLinds

Asked by GoldenLinds at 1:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Poor thing! Thank goodness you aren't in Louisiana huh!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm reading this thinking "how lucky are you?" cuz it's 30 in washington tonight....and yet, that SUCKS! I'm sooooo sorry you're that uncomfortable, I had some pregnancy hot flashes too and it was the middle of our hottest summer on record so I know where you're coming from. I did the cold washcloths with fans on me thing too! It's only a temporary relief and sometimes ended with me getting really nauseas...May I ask why your family isn't willing to change the thermostat for a pregnant lady? That seems a bit harsh...I would think they would be more compassionate and helpful towards you :(
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Its about money. I'm one person in a house of 8 and they can't justify turning the air on for me. Now, I'm not the only one who is hot but they don't hear that because its not what they Want to hear but i'm the only one who is in tears over it. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a lot of actual support from them at all which is sad becasue aside from the roof over my head I take care of everything for myself. I'm just beside myself, I'm so hot i can't think straight, I'm crying over it and I feel ridiculous but I dont' know what to do.
    GoldenLinds

Comment by GoldenLinds (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I can relate. I am pregnant and live in Washington state. It's not even nice here this time of year and I'm always hot. Going out and doing errands like shopping overheats me terribly and all I do is sweat. It's something we just have to endure as pregnant women, unfortunately. Hand in there.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 5:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011