babysit

do you think its right to let the grandparents babysit overnight so that the parents can have a break? I think not. you should have to stay with your kids all day and night!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• youre crazy then. yeah i think thats fine to let them spend the night. they also get to spend time with their grandparents.

a normal person needs some adult interaction at times not just spending it with little kids.
    it doesnt hurt anything.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• some of my BEST and i mean BEST childhood memories was staying at my granny and papaws house!!!! your not only depriving yourself.. BUT YOUR CHILDREN
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• once you become a parent your job is to be one not dump them on the grandparents so you can go have fun
    Anonymous

• right and being a parent is letting them spend time with people that love them and let them enjoy themselves. so when they get invited to a bday party or in HS they get chosen to go on a class trip, or want to hang out with their friends for a little bit at their house, or how about this one...THEY WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL AND THEY GET TAUGHT THERE. are you not going to let them do that? are you not going to let them go to school to learn??? i would not want to be around my parents 24/7 LITERALLY.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My kids spend one night a month over at their grandparents so my husband and I have time alone. If you don't like that, tough. If you think I'm a bad mom, stop on over at my house and I'll be happy to discuss it. :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Oh, forgot, your "anon". You could also be considered another a-word..... lol
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• That sounds silly. Once in awhile is OK. I remember going to my grandmothers for a week stay. Those were some of the best times I had. What is so wrong with staying over for one night so you can spend some alone time with your hubby or SO? If they are willing to do it let them. The kids will love it too.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• because its like pawning them off. its not there job to babysit all night long so i can go party with my SO
    Anonymous

• anonymous if thats what YOU think, then by all means be overbearing. but it does no harm.

and not everyone goes and parties, some stay in and just relax at home...

im sorry for your children if they have no freedom WHAT SO EVER.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• if it makes your kids happy then let them. my sisters and i loved to stay at grandma and grandpas house. and as a parent your job is to take the best care possible of your children...if you dont ever have a break you could run yourself down or find every little thing bothersome. i see nothing wrong with a night...or even two! parents need a break and as long as everyone is happy, why not?
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008