How can you get rid of acne?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 1:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Believe it or not DESITIN! My daughter had horrible acne and nothing worked. FIgured it can clear up severe diaper rash so maybe it could work. Put in on at night and rub in gently. My daughter also used cornstarch at night to dry them up quicker. Her skin is beautiful. Good luck!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 1:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I use Biore, it works really well for me, I tried pro active and it didn't do anything!
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Avoid dairy.

Zinc is very good for the skin/acne so maybe that's why the Desitin worked for TwinkleLites above.

Avoid all products containg petrochemicals, parabens, SLS (sodium laury sulfates), and phthalates; they only exacerbate the condition (please note that many OTC products, even those designed for acne, contain these harmful ingredients).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Best thing I've found is Biotin. It's a B vitamin compound. Cleared my moderate cystic acne up in a couple of days. I even get through my cycle with no breakouts. I'll never get to stop taking it, but I'm okay with that if it keeps my skin clear!

Bonus...it makes your nails and hair stronger, too.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• has anyone else tried desitin? never heard of that one, but my sister is looking for something that will work for her, i'll let her know!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Change your diet. Eat a many fruits and veggies a day as possible, drink half your body weight in water (ounces) and get all processed foods out of your diet.
    Our skin is the largest organ of the body, if eating more fruits and veggies can help prevent disease with any other organ in the body and can help us to lose weight it only makes sense it will have a positve effect on our skin.
    I know a simple way to add more fruits and veggies to your daily diet, contact me if you would like more info.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 7:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Zinc will clear up acne; when taken as a mineral supplement, a nice side effect is it will also reduce or eliminate body odor. The desitin worked because one of its main ingredients is zinc. Taking a daily zinc supplement will keep the condition under control, and the cream will clear up any current outbreaks.
    graham072442

Answer by graham072442 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I don't have too much of a problem, but when I do, I like Fisoderm. (Sp?)
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Coconut oil has a lot of properties which make it effective for treating acne. My sister is also a huge fan of proactiv: check here Truth about Proactive reviews!
    karenduff

Answer by karenduff at 10:54 AM on May. 15, 2014