What do you do for your kids allergies?

We're trying Xyzal for his hay fever after a failed experience with Zyrtec.
So what works for you guys?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 2:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• We use "Singulair", and use an allergy eye drop cause his eyes swell shut! Make sure every time they're outside you wash hands and face, if it's windy, I keep him inside! I dread spring and fall, my son is miserable! Good luck!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Singulair for us too. DS, 6yo, is allergic to everything outside, poor guy and he has a slight case of asthema too. So he has to take inhalers daily and sometimes one with steriods. We also used to use claritin chewables, the grape seemed to be the best!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 7:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• we where using benadryl but just yesterday the doctor changed ds to clariton and i have to agree with the other ladys wash hands and stay inside if its windy....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Claritin
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Claritin. The brand-name childrens chewables for my younger 2, generic tablets for my older 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011