23 weeks and already nesting?

Normal? This is my second pregnancy and i don't remember having such crazy urges to get things clean or start cooking giant meals or getting crafty. Has this happened to anyone else? Because i feel like i've just gone nuts.

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 2:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Awww... I'm jealous!!! I'm 32w 5d pregnant and I've just been waiting for my nesting instinct to kick in. I've got so much to do and just feel too tired lol. My first pregnancy, it kicked in early too but not this time. I think you're lucky... you'll have a clean house and everything ready for your baby!!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yeah, like I would have loved to have been this way last time. The only problem is i find myself just almost overdoing it each time. like, if i just get one more room done i'll be happy- and then i'm all super sore for a day. But yeah, i think the worst part is i keep looking around realizing once this baby comes, my house will so not be this clean again for a while. lol
    prettypaper

Comment by prettypaper (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm 15 weeks and the crib is already fully set up :) if I had more energy my house would be cleaner, but it's hard work keeping up with a two year old :)
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 3:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Dont worry, you have not gone nuts.. my first pregnancy I it happened later, but with my second one it was early.. my family told me they thought I had nesting OCD because it wasnt just at my house.. it was everywhere, when I was at my sisters house if there were 2 dishes in the sink I had to wash them. I was constantly cleaning.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• sure, that sort of thing hit me in the first few weeks!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• ohhhhhh.....so thats what its called. "Nesting" Im barely 10 wks and i have been feeling like i've got to cook supper everynight, and this comming from a true down and out depressed one that hasn't cooked a meal (beforepreggo) in like forever. Well i can't say i've had too many complaints...however that spahgetti i cooked last week was a little over done on the spices part, lol it was awfull. ok so ya my first time ever pregnant...and with twins at that, so forgive me if i seem a little un-educated lol....
    cinnamon212000

Answer by cinnamon212000 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011