Is it infected??? HELP!!!

I'm recovering from a c-section. And just now when I was drying the incision I noticed that there was some pink on the towel. I'm VERY careful with my incision even though it's been healing for 3 weeks so I know I wasn't being too rough. I lifted my tummy to look at the incision and it was bleeding. Plus there was some clear stuff oozing out and it smelled like rotten potatoes. My husband said I was fine but I called the ER since my doc is closed and my next appt. isn't til later. The woman I spoke to said it was normal and not to worry. But I AM worried!

(I KNOW THIS ISN'T "JUST FOR FUN" BUT THIS ONE GETS LOOKED AT MOST I THINK)

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 5:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Mine kinda did that to and part of it was kinda yellow and had puss (sorry kinda gross) and the docs treated me like i was crzy for being scared.I know how scary it can be if your really worried i would just go and MAKE them see you. good luck hun!
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• that doesnt sound normal, my friend had a c section and a week and a half later it was still bleeding and they said it wasnt normal that by that point it shouldnt be bleeding like it was. is it jst a little bit?? if you had to rate it 1-5 what would u do?

i would call a diff ER
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It's like a 3. I've been trying SO hard to keep it clean, dry, and in good condition too...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I would not worry too much but you may have an infection that will require an antibiotic. Mine was infected before I even left the hospital. Keep it clean and dry and if it is irritated you can apply a thin layer of tripple antibiotic ointment. Just make sure you call your ob tomorrow and he will most likely want to look at it. If you should have acute pain or start to run a fever go to the ER
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008