What is your description of a "rude person" on this site?

Is it someone who does not agree with you?
Is direct? Uses poor language, puts others down? I don't think it makes sense when people say, "no rude people" because most of the time a lot is lot in translation due to the fact that this is the cyber-world. I'm not excusing all behavior, but "No rude people" can be viewed as rude too.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think it's rude to disagree. If I come here with a question it's usally because I want differant opinions I don't want every answer sayin oh I agree.
    What I do think is rude is when people attack someone for not agreeing, racist comments, and when people just judge you and put you down without knowing the whole stroy. I also think it's rude when people go onto other posts and just start arguments, or just leave an answer calling other people stupid and ignorant, uneducated, and stuff like that, because of the question they asked or a little spellin mistake. They're just looking for advice or an answer isn't that what this is for? thats my opinion of a rude person on this site.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think rude people are the same online and offline. I do see alot of the posts with no rude people but what gets to me most is when you do offer advice and its just something the person doesnt want to hear, then they get bent out of shape. I mean why ask a question if you arent prepared to take the answer?
    Anonymous

• 2 me it is ppls who put others down ppls who critize other instead of helping them
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think rude people are the ones that are obviously bitchy.

Like if someone comes on here asking for advice because she cheated on her boyfriend (worst-case scenario or something, yanno), a rude response would be "Well you obviously don't deserve him, you evil cheating STD-ridden whore." YES, there have been responses that are that evil to some questions.

But then again...if someone can't take it, they shouldn't be asking the questions to begin with. I dunno. I try to not be rude to people.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• At the same time some questions like my dh is hitting me all the time and I dont know if I should stay or go. Then someone tells them to leave because its not good for their child and they get all mad. I dont get that?
    Anonymous

• I dont know i just dont care for close minded people everyones diff and have diff situations we should at least try to understand and not be so quick to judge and put down people.
    Anonymous

• Rude is when you personally attack another,I think. People in here call me rude sometimes. But I don't think I am. I think I am honest,blunt.and to the point. The people that come back and say I'm mean and rude are the rude ones, I think

Answer by louise2 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I agree that the stipulation of "no rude people" is rude in itself. How are you supposed to interpret that except as "agree with me or else". What I don't like is people who don't even bother to read to understand the problem. For example, someone may complain about something her husband did and the responder calls him a name, or blames her by saying "you teach people how to treat you". That's nasty and only maybe makes the person who wrote that feel better, by her allowing herself to feel superior for a few seconds. But it does no real good.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i think things are miss interpreted over half the time sure there have been some comments i have read that seemed rude but to say no rude people is just as bad as the people being rude you asked for advice and there are going to be things you dont want to hear but they never said truth wouldnt hurt
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I agree, "no rude people" is certainly open to interpretation. I have seen many people become offended when people disagree with them, or they just don't get the answer they are expecting. On the other hand, I have seen many examples of behavior that is rude by any definition.  I guess the bottom line is, if someone wants to be rude, asking them not to is pretty useless.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2008