How did you tell your DH/SO/Family that you were PREGNANT?!

DH and i are TTC and i was just looking for some cute, clever and creative ways to tell everyone the good news once we conceive.

Let's hear your stories and ideas!!

God Bless

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 5:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• For our 2nd I went to build a bear and got a bear with a sound chip that said your wish came true # 2 is on its way. He loved it now Our kids have fun playing with it lol.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• With our last child ( I have 5) my dh told his mom we had to talk. He told her "You know how you are always saying you wished you had five or more kids running around?"........
    Anonymous

• i just flat out told my parents, but with everyone else i got little candy things and wrote on them.
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• With the first 3 we just told them and with this one we showed them the test and didnt say anything.Not really exciting
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• With our first we put ultra sound pictures in father's day cards for our dads. With our second we put a t-shirt on our son that said "I am a big brother" and went to visit our families.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I went and bought my parents bibs that said "Grandpa" and "Grandma" and my sister one that said "Aunt." I put them in gift bags and gave them to them. They had a fit. It was fun watching their faces b/c they had no clue.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 5:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• With my daughter I called everyone at midnight when I got off from work and took a test...lol. I had been trying for quite some time and everybody knew it so they were happy. My daughter's father was in the military so I called and left him a voicemail that said we needed to talk and he called me at 6 am to hear the good news. He was literally the last to know lol.

This time I was late, but I had taken a test that came out negative a few days prior. I asked him if he wanted to give it a while longer or pick up a test on the way home from lunch and he said to get another one. I took it, the control line came up and then nothing, so I sat it down on the counter and told him it was negative. I took care of groceries and went back in to throw it away a few minutes later...it was positive. All I could say was "that's not negative" like I was confused. He took it and said "wow, nope, that isn't negative" lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I told every on on April Fools day... That was an accident, I didnt realize what day it was.. Everyone was like OH WOW thats so great, and that was it... I was thinking shoot I'm happy why aren't you! Then next day I got a tun of calls asking if I was for real... THEN they were really happy.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Since I was 18, every time I said "guess what?" to my mom, she asked "are you pregnant?"... so basically I just had to say "guess what?" lol... I never even said it... she did.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008