how can i study for college while watching my son?

virgo110806

Asked by virgo110806 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am finishing up my degree in march and have a 3 year old. My advice is to do as much as you can when the baby is asleep or at grandma and grandpas. Dont be afraid to ask for someone to watch him when you need to study. If you have a dh or SO tell them they need to help because this is for the benefit of the whole family.

Answer by gemgem at 5:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I either do homework and study between classes, study when the child is still at daycare and I still have free time, or have someone watch them, or when they are sleeping. It's hard but it can be done.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Seriously? I find it to be quite easy. I take online classes and have way more work than I ever did with regular classes but it is simplier to me. I read when my son is bathing or coloring or watching a movie or just sleeping and then I do assignments when he is asleep. Sometimes I will do assignments when he is awake because he can entertain himself for a bit.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i do it at nap time or night time. that's really about it though.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have a 2 year old and just finished online photography school. I just did it whenever I could and all the time she was sleeping. When she's playing,coloring,watching tv,etc. Just set yourself up in the living room or something and do it bit by bit with her occupied on something else.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I study between classes while she is still at daycare and I will stop almost anything to study while she is napping. My husband works 13 hours and I work full time also so i know how you feel! Also before I go to bed I will read over my notes.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm pregnant with my 6th and I homeschool. My youngest isn't yet 2. I'm working on my bachelors. I really don't find it that hard. I work when they are busy or sleeping and generally have plenty of time.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008