At my whits end here. Coping tips?

I'm trying to hold on to my sanity until my first counseling appt. at the end of this month. A lot has happened recently that is making me feel very very sad and I just want to crawl into bed and not come out. Even my anti depressants aren't helping as much anymore. (I know I need to talk to my dr about that one)

*Son diagnosed with turrets syndrome, adhd and autism
*Completed school, but still can't find a job (put in 50 apps)
*Might end up losing my home (to my SIL- me and DH rent from his parents, but can't pay rent right now)
*I have no family to turn to. My mother is a drug addict and alcoholic who I can't be around because I don't want to take on her misery or have her around my kids.
*I feel incredible guilt over my sons diagnosis.

Honestly I don't want to work until I talk to a counselor and get stronger, but I have to. And I put ALL my effort into my interview and bought a VERY nice suit to wear to them. I had 4 last week. I guess I just need encouragement. Anyone have any to offer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• I'm happy this was here to see, and I am up. what have you done to just give yourself a good day's positive energy boost. Sleep is so important, you are right, it's good...and you need rest, so let it be done, just keep away from that guilt, because you don't need to fear the sleep. Like let it go. All those things to do are piling up in your subconscious, so take notes that nobody gives you their problems, but be kind and supportive if they are making their appointments. like since your son has all those diagnosis' than you will know his aim is to just be more liked and he'll be panicky so try to soften the surrounding, like decorate things in soft colors, and have nice warm people over, nobody who isn't too stable, kwim?? You don't need the family... just tune into a Joyce Meyer video on her webpage. Joyce has a mission to help almost anything family related !! ........ : ) {keep things tidy, but let son help in
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You said, "you know you need to talk to your doctor" about the antidepressant medication not working very well anymore, your right, you do! That's the first place I'd start, you really need to get that under control first cause your not gonna be any good to anyone else until that's dealt with first! As for a job, your at least trying, even though it's hard to function, at least your trying out there trying to get a job and hopefully whoever your renting off of will understand that. Have you applied for help from the state? You said you feel incredible guilt over your son, why would you? That was NOT your fault, you had no control over it!There's no doubt, "you have a lot on your plate", but like I said earlier, you gotta deal with your problem first, call the doctor today or go to the hospital so you can get the meds you need ! Hang in there!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• in his way, like let it go too. Maybe you and your son can both go to a group home for a while, and while there get some new friendships and network people. you'll be amazed at how supportive "community places" are. go give yourself some new book to read and try to get involved in a class or something. Has either one of you gone to counsel??
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• All I can say is Good Luck. I wish you the best.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Oh my, you have some very hurtful things going on. You have to remember everything that happens to you and in your world, so to speak, is something that has been put there for a reason. Nothing is given to you that you can't handle and be encouraged that someone thinks you are a very strong person, which you are! Feeling sad and depressed about all these "problems" won't change that they are there and they are not going to go away, at least not your sons diagnose, but everything else can be released if you allow it.
    I wish I could talk to you face to face but since I can't try this, let every factor adding to your anxiety go. In this i mean stop thinking about all of it. It's VERY hard to do but you can. Now, i don't mean stop caring, absolutely don't do that but you can only take care of your movie, or life, or world, however you want to term it. You can't change external circumstances not matter how hard you try.
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 8:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Cont...Just let them go and see what happens. They wll be taken care of and no, this isn't a religious thing at all. The movie you are in this world for right now has given you these challenges and your ego wants to put you through it I can see. You have the power to overcome all of it. Everything you need will be given if you stop trying to control it, via your depression, anxiety...etc. You are a strong, wonderful, beautiful person, inside and out as we all are and you will overcome all of these obstacles soon. i believe you will, truly I do and i don't even know you.
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 8:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I wish you the best. At least you are aware that you are depressed.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 11:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I know it's hard but try to focus on the things that you do well. I'm sure you're son thinks the world of you. Try and relax and look at the positive things.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011