(chlamydia question) If its postive, is there a chance my husband didnt cheat? adult content

I was told that PID can be caused by an STD. So my doctor said I should get an STD check. I called my husband (who is away in the army currently). The last time we had sex was in Jan.. Anyways, I told him the doc wanted to do an STD check. I said: "if thats the case.. Im willing to work through that. I would rather hear from you that you cheated, than to find out from the doctor. Did you?"

He flipped. He said hes never been unfaithful. And I want to believe him. But if my test comes up positive, and I know I didnt cheat, does that mean he did?

I guess Im asking, can you get chlamydia like sitting on a toilet seat?
I just got an IUD (thats what ended me up in the hospital) could inserting the IUD cause that? I noticed my doctor touched the counter, sink and tray with her gloves before inserting the IUD. Is it possible she could have touched something contaminated with chlamydia, then given it to me?

...or does it mean my husband of three years is having sex with someone else :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Well I wouldn't just jump to conclusions but I would be on the look out.  How long has it been since either of you got tested?  Could either of you gotten it (if that is indeed the case) before even getting together?  I don't think the ways you suggested are valid ways of getting it, just trying to cling to hope.  Nothing wrong with hope but don't be anybodys fool either.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Well please update us tomorrow and let us know what happened! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Basically, yes! If it comes up positive and you haven't cheated, then he did. But, for now, I would tell him you believe him and trust that he has never cheated. However, tell him that you would like it to be okay to ask that question without accusing and for him to be able to ask the same question of you without you getting defensive. Open communication. It's okay to be reassured. I trust my husband has never cheated on me, but sometimes I ask him if he has any secrets or anything he has not shared. It should always be okay to ask questions.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It could be that the PID was caused by improper(unsterile) handling and insertion of the IUD. But if it is Chlamydia you only get it by sex.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You can't contract chlamydia any way but sexually. Did the doctor tell you that you have chlamydia or just PID? I know chlamydia can cause PID, but it's not the only way to get it. If you do have chlamydia and you have been faithful then he is the only way you would've gotten it. Just don't jump to any conclusions until you find out more. Good Luck.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Why would you automatically think he cheated just because the dr said lets do and STI test? Dr's run tests to get a full view of whats going on or some dr's just do it to rack up the bill. Either way. If DH has never given you a reason to think he is cheating, I would say give him some credit. I wouldn't jump the gun on this one. It could be one of those things you really end up regretting. :( Just wait until your test results come back then cross that bridge when you get to it. Worrying about it now and dwelling on it wont change the outcome
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 4:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If your test comes back that you have any STD. Someone cheated. (you or him). And the army does not check for STD's when they do a health test. Unless it is blood related, maybe. Your DH is lieing about that.

Answer by louise2 at 5:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Louise is right--they do HIV testing, but not for STD's.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• He was just tested for military screening and said he came back negative for everything. I havent been tested since before I had our daughter (3 years ago)... I guess I didnt feel like I should get tested since I was married...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Have you guys had sex since his military screening?  He could also be lying.  I would definitely tell him that I want to see some results.  And it could be that it's not even an issue and you don't have anything to start with. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2011