Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the name of the person who takes your insurance info at the hospital?

I am referring to the ones that wheel the computers into your room and scan your insurance card and update your info? Looking for their title. Does it require a degree or just clerical experience?

Also are there any other jobs in the hospitals that require only adminstrative experience or just a high school dipolma? Pay is not an issue just looking to get a second job in medical field while I work toward my RN license.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • Admitting. And every hospital is different. I would look u p the hospital youre interested in working in and look for the current job listings. Most of them have them with clear descrptions of what you need to do the job.

    Answer by gemgem at 5:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • My mom used to do it and she was called ER Registration. They didn't go into the room at her hospital but that sounds like what she did. She has a HS Degree and that's all. She loved her job but it was 10 hrs a day but only 4 hrs a week. I would look online at your local hospital to see job openings. GOOD LUCK!!

    Answer by rocamom at 5:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • Registrar. That is what is on the name badges of the people that do it at the local hospital.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.