How do you make pigs in a blanket?

is it hot dogs and cheese?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 5:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Hot dogs and biscuitsin a can. Flatten the biscuits and roll them around the hpt dog.  Cheese optional

Answer by louise2 at 5:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I use cresent rolls, cheese and lil' smokies(smoked sausage) and then sometimes I use hot dogs too.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I thought they were just any kind of sausage wrapped in any kind of pastry or dough and baked.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• my favorite kind is to take that frozen bread dough, thaw it, cut it into rectangles and wrap whatever hotdogs or sausage with it... that reminds me of the ones I had in high school that were so good!
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 7:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I get the biscuts in the can...in the refrigerated section and I pull them apart and cover the entire hot dog with it. Then I stick them in the oven. Then I pour Pork and Beans on top. Its good, but bad for you health wise. LOL !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I use cresent rolls and lil smokies with cheese.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 9:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Oh dear heavens. A REAL pig in the blanket is a Dutch specialty - it's a mixture of meats ground together and seasoned with a special blend, then wrapped in a hand-made pastry dough that is loaded with real butter. The things you speak of are weinie wraps and do not deserve the name "pig in a blanket".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yep, hot dogs rolled in cheese inside a crescent roll. Take a tube of crescent rolls, cut up some hot dogs, roll them in there with cheese and bake 'em up.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• hot dogs or lil smokies wrapped in pillsbury crescent rolls and baked
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My grandma always made them with some kind of sausage mixture but it was wrapped in a cabbage leaf and baked. It always reminded me of what she put inside her stuffed green peppers but it was inside of a cabbage leaf. I didn't know you could make them with hot dogs.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011