Teen moms

Do you all think since these shows have been all over tv...
Teen Mom
16 and pregnant

That more younger teens have been getting pregnant? I went to the mall yesterday, picking up some clothes for my LO. I saw 3 girls...one who may have been 18...
One had on a shirt for school that said "class of 2014" LIKE...omfg....

I'm not knocking them, but, omg, I just want to say "when you're 30, your child will be 15-16 years old". I'm 26 now, and had my LO 2 years ago. I couldn't imagine being a teenage mother. I love my child, but I loved my childhood too. Loved high school/college...the parties, the boys, the fun things. And I think to myself, these girls (if they're really responsible) will never experience true freedom.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 6:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I personally think this has always been an issue. I graduated high school in 2005 and there were 11 girls in my senior class that were pregnant!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Your daughter named Chloe and born or 11/26 I take it by your sn name?
    My daughters name is Chloe and she was born on 11/25 LOL
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I went to school with a girl at age 14 she gave birth....she's great mom. Done the responsible thing and whatnot.

But, for instance, my friend called me, she said "Paige (14 yo niece) told me that she wants to have a baby, and she's having unprotected sex with her boyfriend." So, I'm like "you have to tell your sister (her mom)." Take her to be put on BC, she's 7 weeks preggo.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• HAHAHAHA that's awesome letlovegrow. What year? My Chloe was born in 2008.
    Btw, what is your daughters middle name? I've met a lot of Chloe's and I've found Ann, Alexis...basically middle names with A.

She is Chloe Amber.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 6:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• 2008! LOL Her's is Chloe' Elizabeth My baby has the A middle name Aubrey
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I really couldn't say if the numbers are changing at all. It's a difficult balance. Some teen moms make fantastic parents. Others haven't reached a level of maturity where they can be great parents. Mind you, I know 25 year olds like that as well. Historically there has been a coolness from society about the idea but now it's becoming less of a taboo.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm not a big fan of that show because of the drama, but it does show the struggles and difficulties that teen moms go through. I've never looked at the statistics but my gut tells me there are no more teen moms now than there were back in the day. I do think it's much more out in the open now. My oldest had a baby young and it hasn't beern easy for her but she's turned into a great mom and very ressponsible parent.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 7:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i dont think girls are getting pregnant because of TV shows.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Actually teen pregnancy has gone down compared to what it used to be. I got pregnant when I was 17 and back then you got sent off to another school so the other girls would not see you pregnant and "get any ideas". So, they hid us. It was still there, and once our babies were born we went back to regular school. Now the schools allow the girls to stay in school is all. Honestly again, no problem with teen moms. I was one. Yes I gave up alot for my dd, and I didnt get all the same things most friends did until later in life, but I wouldnt trade my kids for the world. I am 39 now and have two grandkids, and again, wouldnt trade any of my experience for the world.

Answer by gemgem at 8:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Here is a link for you about it being down 37% over the past 20 years.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20051210-10391704.html

Answer by gemgem at 8:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2011