Is it strange that I only sleep every other day??

Like I've been up since yesterday morning, now tonight I will go to bed get up tomorrow morning take a nap with the kids then be up until the next night.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 6:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Maybe not strange but its probably not healthy.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I agree with the pp that it's not necessarily a natural cycle for your body to be in and that might not serve you to your best advantage. I suppose it could work for you though. Does it bother you that your sleep cycles are like this?
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Has this been your sleep pattern since you were a kid or was it something that you develped when you became and adult?

My dd 15 has had the same sleep pattern for years. (still does) Dh sometimes jokes that she's on a 48 hr day. She has always been one to need very little sleep and been able to go long streches between sleep times. As a baby she gave up naps before she was a yr old and I was lucky if she sleept for more than 5 hrs a day. I was very often up in the middle of the night with her.

The good thing about her being a teen now is that I finnally get some sleep, lol. I'm not built that way and need my 8 hrs. If I get up at night now I often notice her on the computer, watching tv, reading, doing a craft or finishing school work. As long as it's not affecting her she's allowed to choose her own sleep schedule.

I think everyone's different. Some need more sleep and some need less. Not weird all.
    Anonymous5

Answer by Anonymous5 at 7:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Nope I kinda like it I get free time to myself the kids sleep at least 8 hours and my SO so it's all my time. Sometimes I go to the store. clean or just sit on my butt and relax
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 7:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sorry, I have to disagree. It is not a normal sleep pattern, and I think you should check with your doc.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You are bipolar probably.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Do you feel tired at all? your body needs a certain amount of sleep each day/night so you might want to check with a doctor if there could be some reason you are not able to sleep every night.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• sounds like insomnia I would talk to your doctor about it, you might need some help in the sleeping department.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011