My hips are aching!

i am 16 wks pregnant and i woke up this morning with my hips killing me! i didn't do any physical labor yesterday so i know it wasn't from working out or whatever . they just ache so bad! idk what it is?

amberpowell

Asked by amberpowell at 6:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh, that brings me back. Sadly, it's part of pregnancy and it won't get better until you're through it all. Sorry. :(
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My hips thankfully aren't hurting. But in the beginning of my pregnancy they did!
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 7:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• They are spreading, getting ready for birth. Wonderful news, right?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yep, that would be your hips spreading in preparation. With all three of my pregnancies, I'd have the hip pain right around where you are now. It would last a few days and then subside. Then probably about once a month or so I'd have a few more days where my hips really hurt and then it would go away. I hope that's how it works for you, a few days here and there with the pain is really not that bad (I find it bothers me most when I am trying to get some sleep - on the days when they hurt I think I turn over every twenty minutes while sleeping!). I have found that warm showers/baths and increased walking tend to alleviate some of the pain. Good luck!
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 7:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Pregnancy makes your body change a lot. My hips used to hurt every morning. Sometimes so bad it would wake me up in the middle of the night and I would have to sleep in the living room to sit up a little bit.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• ohhh geez lol that is a bummer that it will keep happening bc now my butt on the sides hurts to!
    amberpowell

Comment by amberpowell (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Don't worry because its just normal but if the pain is hard to bear, it is best that you consult your doctor about it. DePuy Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 10:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2012