Why is my cycle being so weird?

The past few months my cycle's been weird...either on time and very very short, on time and light and now....late light and short. This time around I was sure I was pregnant...I was due Monday, started Wed- spotted all day, light yesterday and now...poof it's basically gone and kinda back to spotting. I took a test Monday and today...both negative...so idk what's up.

Usually I have a 4-5 day period, heaviest the first day then light the rest of the time and then 30 days later it starts all over.

We arent trying but arent preventing....but could my wacky cycle be preventing a conception?

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 7:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes it could be preventing a conception. Also, it could be a sign that something is not right (PCOS, or another uterine issue.) Please get checked out, because the longer you go, the harder it may be to correct it. Talk to your doc, have a blood test done to make sure it's not a pregnancy going undetected by hpts. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Have you told your practitioner about this? These are often signs of PCOS.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 11:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I was going to call today... and I had an ultrasound last month to rule out cysts already...there were none
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm having the SAME exact problem! I think we both need to make a trip to the Gyno!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm hoping I dont need another appointment...waiting for a call back form the nurse.
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011