Am I leaking colostrum?

Went to my breastfeeding class yesterday and they say we start leaking colostrum towards the middle/end of pregnancy.

I'm 27 weeks.
I came home after the class and pinched my nipples and a little dot of clear liquid came out.
Is that colostrum ?
It's only there when I squeeze sometimes, and it's very small amount.

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 7:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes that was colostrum, and completely normal. when i was pregnant with my 3rd i was leaking around 20 weeks or so already.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yep :) I am 16 weeks and already leaking colosterum. So bad that I have to wear breast pads. I was leaking before I even found out I was pregnant, fun right?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, that's colostrum. I am 37 weeks and have the same thing...occasionally if my nipples get stimulated or pinched, I'll leak a little. I got curious and wanted to know if you could start pumping before baby was born (figuring hey, if it's there, why not, right? You'd be able to freeze and store before the baby came..) but apparently that can cause you to go into labor, so don't try it until you're overdue. Haha.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2011