Is it okay..

Is it okay to pump by hand and not use a pump? It seems like I get some much more that way. It's quieter and nothing to wash but the bottle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Sure, but you are going to get some strong arms by doing it that way. Are you relaxing enough using an electric pump? That can make a huge difference I've found. The pump quality also matter majorly!
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 8:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have a double medela pump and I can pump just fine with it I just like the other way better, I think it's the noise maybe..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I found i got more milk that way too. And while at time it DID hurt my arms :) I kept at it. I think it was the noise also - and I didn't like the feel of the TUG - Good luck and WAY TO GO for breastfeeding!
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes! They say that's the best way to do it, but I never could figure it out. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I had the same problem. I tried both ways (hand pump and electric pump) and for me the hand pump just worked better. Not really sure why but just did.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Do whatever way works best for you. I had so much milk, all I had to do was take of my bra and without touching my boobs I could get 4 oz. I would then just push on them a little and I could get another 4 oz. My poor babies got choked a lot :(
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Nothing wrong with hand-expressing, if it's your preference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think it is your preference on how you do it.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 11:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If you want to hand express, go for it. I could never get as much personally.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• if it works for you, i think it's fine.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011