My 7 month old eating in her sleep?

Last night I made cereal for her but she wouldn't wake up to eat and when I picked her up she started to cry and woke up so I gave her a spoonful and she instantly quieted down. But then she feel back asleep but would open her mouth for more food she ate a whole bowl sleeping and then I laid her down and she continued to sleep. It was the weirdest thing!

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never heard of that, but I have heard of sleep feeding, where babies drink bottles in their sleep (the parent should take the bottle away as soon as it's done, and they should obviously monitor the drinking)...It's supposed to help the babies sleep better.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• She doesn't even get bottles I nurse, my two year old sleeps with her cup I have to take it sometimes after she falls asleep but even thats rare
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2011