Do you think.......?

Do you think that SOME mom's here on CM are singled out to be attacked??

What I mean is...It's 5:30 in the morning and I've yet to go to bed so I'm sorry if I'm not exactly coherent lol....what I mean is...do you think that some of the mothers on here are "stalked" by other mom's and voted down, harassed, talked about, ect..just for the hell of it? Maybe because the mom said something the "stalker" didnt like at one point or so now that person is making it their personal mission to make the mom's CM experience as miserable as possible.....

I'm wondering this because I've been on here about 2 months or so and I've READ about alot of the drama...and actually on one mom's question every single person who answered was voted down...but everyone has been pretty nice to me...so I thought maybe someone was out there taking things a little too seriously and "stalking" or something lol...idk....

Like I said I probably wasnt as clear as I could have been with that question...again I apologize if I rambled or didnt make much sense lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think everyone needs to remember this is the internet so don't take it too serious. There are a lot of people that are brave behind their computers and think they can say anything they want, and they know it's going to get a rise. I think if you ignore them they aren't given the fuel to do anything else. I honestly could care less about what anyone does or say's unless it's just a rambling of cuss words, or completely disgusting, and needs to be reported. When I see problems going on in a post I will report it even if I didn't answer on it, or even if I did. I don't think being hateful, nasty, etc is right. So keep reporting if you're not happy. Cafemom Administration will take care of it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I personally have that problem going on now. I know her, but I am not letting it get to me. I know the kind of person that I am and I am not taking everything that she is doing to heart. Its not right for people to have to go through this. Especially on a site like this when its for moms..other people you can relate to and just form some sort of friendships and help each other out. The situation that I am going through isnt going to deter me from this site or any other aspect of my life.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 9:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It happens a lot. And when we complain. The ANON person comes out to say, "I see you always complaining about being "stalked"...I bet it was your fault." Then votes us all down again. LOL

They will follow you from post to post and gripe anonymously and EVERY answer you give will be voted down.

That is another reason I NEVER post ANON. They don't take away points if you aren't. :) And it really doesn't bother me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes I do, I see it way to much, I really enjoy this site and have for the 4 years i have been a member but some of these ladies don't act very grown up at all, everyone has an opinion and just because we don't agree doesn't mean they are wrong. the stalking on here is crazy.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm fairly new too, and youre probably right. I guess there is somethig called trolls and they just go around "anonamously" voting down and being a pain in the butt.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes but I do think it happens on any online community. You have to remember there are so many types of people represented here and some are going to be a little off, some thin skinned, some just immature. It will show when they act out in the way you describe.

Answer by gemgem at 8:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am anonymous 97% of the time because I am singled out. A friend of mine has deleted her account because she was bashed every time she posted anything whether it be positive or negative.

I have one who follows me to my group ostings and using those postings to attack me here. Yet she claims I stalk her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yeah, Ive seen it. Its sad, and pathetic, really.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I know Im stalked and voted down even when I give good sound advice. Some lady's are just jealous or whatever. Dosnt bother me. Im not perfect, and neither are they.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Shit yeah. Noticed it first day here.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2011