Just wondering...How did you feel the day you went into labor

This is my first child and I am due anyday and I am just wondering what to expect. My grandmother's 75th birthday is Sunday and I would like to be there (she lives 2 hours away from us) but I just dont know if it is a "good idea" My due date is April 13th

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I felt like I had to go boo boo the whole day lol....but it just wouldnt come...finally I called my mama and she told me she was coming to take me to the hospital because I was in labor lol....so...beware of any stubborn bowel movements mama lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Didn't feel anything reall but i will say this...i was a little "off" that day. real spacey slow just not sure what was wrong but felt weird. that kind of feeling!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• with my dd i felt great....i was at work and the air went out (late july) so my supervisor said i could go home after my doctor visit instead of coming back to work (i was going to get a check up at lunch) and well my ob informed me i was in labor....i never knew just thought my back hurt really bad that day

with my ds i felt fine as well...i was taking clothes out of the washer and i had a sudden urge to poop lol well turns out it was labor pains not poop lol dh drove me to the hospital
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I dont think I really felt different from any other day, both pregnancies my water broke.. both time before I just thought I had to pee so got up to go and walked about 5 steps and it happened. One thing I do suggest to you is every morning make sure you eat a little something. With my second pregnancy my water broke at about 8:30am, I hadnt eaten yet and then couldnt eat anything until after they were delivered and I felt like I was starving!!! I know this doesnt help the bday party but just thought id let you know still...
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• mad as hell. i just left my son's father..we got into a big fight and he told me to leave. I went to my moms and started laughing and felt stress free. I just remember all day long my lower back was hurting so bad and started hurting even more when i laid down to go to bed.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• With my first I didn't feel any different until the evening, although I had a doctor appointment in the morning and my blood pressure had gone up some. That evening I still didn't feel any different but I started having BH contractions every 10 minutes that wouldn't go away. I had diarrhea at some point. I didn't go into real labor until the middle of the night and had my baby the next night (28 hours after the BH contractions started)
    My 2nd also started with regular BH contractions and diarrhia but first thing in the morning. She was born around 8 P.M. 12 hours after it all started.
    3rd started in the middle of the night with real contractions. He was born 8 hours later
    My thought is you'll be fine if you feel good and aren't having any contraction, most labors aren't that short, if you do go into labor at the party you should still have plenty of time to get to the hospital.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I was anxious all the day before....couldn't put my finger on why but just that feeling. I couldn't do anything to my satisfaction so I redid it - which is why I thought my body was beginning to ache. As much as you want to deliver in your own hospital with your own doctor....isn't there a hospital near your gma? just in case?
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I felt awful for about 2 days before, just achy all over, with no energy.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I didn't feel any differently than normal at that point. I was losing pieces of my mucus plug all day, but with my first I didn't go into labor in the 2-3 weeks between losing my plug and my scheduled C-section, so I knew that didn't mean anything. I had some slight cramping in my hips, and I joked with my mom about being the only person I know of to have "hip labor", but it was very minor and nothing coming and going regularly, purely a joke. Other than that, I was just...9 months pregnant, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011