Why do men drive with their knee?It drives

It drives me nuts when my husband does this. I get nervous and want to smack him. I've driven for 15 years without ever feeling the need to take my hands off the wheel and use my knee to steer.
Does anyone else hate it?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 9:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yup, I hate it , I bitch moan and compalin and have been for the past 7 years and he gets a kick out of it!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• OMG i hate that
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Why? I do it. If I have to blow my nose while driving, I need both hands, and am not going to pull over to blow. I see nothing wrong with it. I'm in control and my hands aren't that far away if I need to grab the wheel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My hubby doesnt drive with his knee. I have seen my mom do this when I was younger though.
    tlvalmom

Answer by tlvalmom at 10:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @Anon - Why? IDK maybe because I've been in a roll over accident where I would have died had I been in any other seat or had flipped the other way. It only takes a second for an accident to happen and I see no reason to do something that dangerous and increase your odds for one.
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @Zoeyis - no, he did it back when we were teens as well.
    I personally don't see the cell issue. One hand is still on the wheel. If talking is the issue then make it NO talk ing cars PERIOD, not just in certain formats.
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Knee driving is illegal in all states.
    If you're talking to anyone in a car you aren't paying attention to what's around you. I've lost count of how many times I've been talking with the driver of a car I'm in only for them to suddenly realize that they missed a turn a while back because they were paying attention to me instead of driving. Now, it could be that I'm just a fabulous conversationalist, but I doubt it. I think it's most likely that talking, in any manner, makes us focus on that other person's words more than whatever else we may be doing at the same time. (Se my last reply to see how well I post on CM while talking to my 6 year old lol)
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011