tests...

Do you guys know what kind of tests are done in your 16 week?if any?

shellytbk

Asked by shellytbk at 5:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is my third pregnancy and I am pretty sure there are no tests done at 16 weeks. They do the triple screen test around 18 weeks and then the next thing is the ultrasound and then I think at 28 weeks they do the test to see if you have gestational diabetes.
    schmeisj1515

Answer by schmeisj1515 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The triple screen, which is usually optional is done between 14-18 weeks. I was offered it at my 16 week appointment.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 6:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• What is triple screen?
    shellytbk

Answer by shellytbk at 7:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• A tripple screen is a screening for spina bifida for sure, tray sachs, and downs syndrome. It's not always accurate. You can test positive, but nothing be wrong. They can confirm spina bifida at ultrasound.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 7:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• In our clinic we did a quad screen between 16-18 weeks. Some mothers opt not to do it, it's not medically necessary. There is not a positive/negative result...it just tells you the probability of your unborn child having each disease. It can be misleading either way.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008