Are you bringing your 4 year old for shots?

I am going today and I am a bit nervous for Caitlin.

Crissy9832

Asked by Crissy9832 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4 yr old actually likes getting shots so she can have a sucker lol. At her well child check up she had to get 1 and when we were done she asked if she could have another shot so she could have another sucker lol.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm sure she will do just fine...*hugs*
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• We have a few months to go, but I'm not looking forward to it. I hope it goes quickly for your daughter.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I went in for my Sons 4 year visit & the Dr. said since he isn't starting kindergarten (going to pre-school instead) in the fall then we can delay the shots until then. They have to be done before they start kindergarten otherwise he is up to date for pre-school. We live in NY, Hope this helps. You may be able to delay too if you want & she isn't starting Kindergarten.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• We did our updates and no problems. He was nervous. I told him the day before since I don't want him to focus on his appointment all week but don't want him to be surprised and spring it on him. We got it over with and I explained over and over why it is necessary. I also made sure to have a relaxing treat and day after the morning.  Rather than putting it off I would rather get it done with.  Over and done was better for us than to have it lingering.  A distant memory vs. something to have to face later.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'd rather take my 4 year old in than my 10 year old (who was 9 at the time). She ran around screaming that she'd rather die than get shots.

After shots were finally given, she told me it wasn't so bad :/ She's such a drama queen!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2011