WHen do you consider a child to be potty trained?

Crissy9832

Asked by Crissy9832 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think when they can go during the day without an accident. My 2 yr old is potty trained but still needs a diaper at bed time.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When they can do ALL toileting on their own. Wipping included. Accidents happen, so to me that isn't a concern.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When they can go on their own, when they just do it.. you dont have to ask them every half hour or hour. I agree totally that accidents happen though. My son it potty trained, goes all day bt still wears a diaper at night just in case. It is usually dry in the morning though.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My son takes off his diaper when its wet, but shows no signs that he is ready to even try. I did an experiment to see how far he was and i put underwear on him and showed him where the potty chair was and told him if he needed to go to let me know and i can take him to go, well he just went in his underwear, i hope that my little guy is ready soon because he starts pre school in aug.
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 10:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• when they dont need a diaper anymore and can use the potty independently.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011