Is there any work at home jobs where you actually make money?

Crissy9832

Asked by Crissy9832 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• What exactly are you looking for? Do you have any skills?
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 10:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• There definitely are, but the ones that make the most money are going to require specialized skills. For example, a medical transcriptionist can work from home, but this often requires years of experience and certification. I worked from home for a long time as a game developer, but again, it's a relatively specialized field. Most of the "Work at home and make BAJILLIONS!" ads are just scams. Basically, any "job" that requires you to invest money first is typically a scam.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 10:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Gosh, let's see... there is eBay, daycare, pet sitting/pet walking, laundry service, elder care sitting, errand service, house cleaning.  Those are all simple things that you can create a business from and still stay at home.  Otherwise, you can check out the entire list of businesses to start at home by state or even cost by visiting Home Business Bug.  Scroll down to the bottom of this page and find those lists.  Or, I actually blog about work at home ideas and businesses.  You are more than welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I’m looking for a job right now, but I do this in my free time. (Mostly when my 10 month old is napping) Cashcrate.com They don’t ask for credit card numbers or personal info. It’s free. Why not earn money in your free time while you look!?! It doesn’t hurt to try right!?! Cashcrate.com Good luck!!!
    nutty_acorn

Answer by nutty_acorn at 12:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011