Is this age, arthritis, fibromyalgia or what?

Ladies, I need your input and your experience...I am in my 40's, so NO I am not THAT old. LOL! Anyway, for several years now, I have been unable to stand for too long at a time without pain. Now, I am assuming that is from a car accident over twenty years ago. Lately, I cannot continually grip, or use my hands without stiffness and pain. They also become swollen. I took a job in an office where I am constantly on my feet, filing. I hurt so bad at the end of the day, I can barely move. My arms, hands, feet, legs, EVERYTHING hurts so bad. I am so stiff. This other thing started last year as well... sometimes my hands tingle like they are asleep. Ugh... I feel like I am 95! So, I am asking if anyone else has had anything like this... what have you had done, such as tests or whatever. Also, what does it sound like. I've never had arthritis so I don't know what that feels like either.

Thanks Gals...

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• That sounds like arthritis to me. I've had it since my 20's. Swelling and stiffness in joints is usually arthritis. It's always good to go to doc to have tests run, they will check for Rhumatoid (sp). For me, heat works best. It feels good. I have it in my hands and right hip. Oh I'm 40 as well lol. Anyways there is a company called desert harvest (desertharvest.com) and they make an aloe vera pill, it really does do wonders for arthritis as it's a natural anti-inflamatory
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The tingling & swelling could be from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or some other impingement in your wrist, elbow or neck. You could be deconditioned (AKA: out of shape). It could be OA... it could be a lot of things. Best Tx is to see your doc to r/o OA, RA, Fibro or anythings else, and get to the bottom of it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Two things come to my mind: 1-RA- a serious arthritic condition, and 2-Lyme disease as it can wreck your autoimmune system. I would see a doctor immediately and asked to be tested for both of them
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• surrenderWelcome to my world!! I think it's arthritis but it seems to be worse and in more spots lately. I'm 48 and feel like I am nearing 100. I am trying to muster up the "umph" to call my doctor and complain, but I swear it would hours to say all my aches, groans, and pains!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When you see your Dr, ask him to check your acid/ph levels. You might need to go on the gout/arthritis diet. Gout is actually gouty arthritis. One of my cooks has it and he's in his 30's. He gets so bad that he can't walk sometimes. No sugars, balance of low acid and high alcaline foods. You can look it up online. Also look up Wonder oil, arthritis formula. It's made with Emu oil. Does wonders for arthritis. Takes away the pain, or at least dulls it if it's really intense. I've been using it for years. Don't let the price scare you. You only use a few drops at a time and the bottle will last a long time. Everyone I've shared it with swears by it and has bought some. I just ordered 3 bottes for friends.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2011