Trying to move to a new state"?

Ok due to personal things goin on rite now finacially..I'm trying to relocate to NC but don't have a place down there to stay.. I was wondering if anybody knows hhow it works..

would I b considered homeless"??
would I b able to go into there homeless shelter"??
will their local housing authority help me with a place til I can get on my feet"??
Any help will b greatly appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know, but wish you luck with everything, heres a bump!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I live in NC and when I was a single mom and called about housing assistance I was told the waiting list was several years long! That was 5 years ago, so not sure about currently but I wouldn't count on it. Can you get a job here prior to moving? There are tons of places hiring around here, so it shouldn't be too hard. Do you have any savings to rely on until you get your first paycheck? You should be able to go into a homeless shelter, I would think but I know when it's cold they fill up.

Answer by missanc at 10:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No I don't have any savings left..had to replace a lot of things when someone broke into my house recently an stole everything but the furniture...but I'm emailing resumes down next week..I'm hopin to have something line up by may which is when I'm due to b movin down there..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Bless your heart sweetie! I wish you well
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think I would sell everything I could to help with finances. Most things are replaceable. Definitely finding a job before going is good.
    tlvalmom

Answer by tlvalmom at 4:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011