Does your family recycle?

We do! Just recently got curbside recycling - oh la la :) (today was the 1st pick up)

DragonflyGirls

Asked by DragonflyGirls at 10:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, we have an excellent municipal recycling service for which there is no charge. They are planning to use the methane generated at the landfill site for power generation . Items which have a refund on them such as drink and juice bottles and cans we take to a mental health charity.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, live in a state where it is mandatory. Well, atleast until the Budget Bill is passed in Wisconsin...then recycling will no longer be mandatory. Not even sure how that helps balance the budget, it has never been explained.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes. We don't do the curbside though. So many things were simply being dumped together and then tossed in the landfill. We go to a recycle center that actually sends the stuff off to be recycled. I cook from scratch and try to buy things that don't have a ton of packaging. We have a compost area as well. I usually only have one bag of trash a week and it is usually not very full.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yes
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Our city actually sorts the garbage and automatically recycles the glass and paper. We don't drink pop so we don't have pop bottles or cans to recycle.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yess :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, our trash service offers recycling for an additional monthly fee and we use it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, we recyle like cans, paper, food boxes
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 10:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Not all the time but I try to make it a point. )
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yep, it is mandatory in my state. My city has weekly curbside pickup for cans/plastic/paper and seasonally they will do yard waste pickup as well. The only down side is it is they come at 9am- and sometimes my hubs does not get it out in time... so then I have it sitting and piling up till the next week.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011