How can i get my 7 mouth old baby to sleep all night

My baby is now 7 mouths old. She will not sleep all night, she gets up 3 to 4 times a night, i don't know what i can do to get her to sleep all night. Its getting to be really hard PLEZZZZ help :)

Sharon729

Asked by Sharon729 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she getting enough to eat during the day and before bed? Has she started solids yet?
    Around that age, I would give my son solids 2-3 times a day, plus bottles. The bottle he had before bed was 8 oz and he would sleep through the night. She may just be waking up b/c she is still hungry. Best of luck!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• U can try a warm bath before bedtime and use that bedtime bath, i used that to get my little guy to sleep or lay next to her and rub her back until she falls asleep. My little guy wouldn't sleep in his bed at night so i had him lay with me and wait til he fell asleep then moved him to his room. sometimes he would wake up right away and come into my room, sometimes it worked.

susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 11:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i have been giving her solids and she just seems to get up for a bottle i put her in the bath at 7 and then i give her a snack at 7:30 and bedtime is at 8 idk what more to do for her and shes still in my room so its not like i could just let her cry it out
    Sharon729

Comment by Sharon729 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My youngest son is 11 months old and he still gets up once to nurse. He is also in my room and lately i have been letting him fuss until he goes back to sleep. It may take a couple of nights, but that is the only way they will learn to self-soothe themselves.
    Anonymous

• i have tryed to let her cry it out but its just so hard to lay there and hear my baby cry sooo i go pick her up and at night im the only one that gets up with her cuz the hubby work 12 hr days
    Sharon729

Comment by Sharon729 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I hate to break it to you, but this is normal. She will sleep longer when she is ready. When she wakes, what does she want? To nurse, to play, to cuddle, etc?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• During a baby's 1st year, they will have periods of days, weeks, months, when they wake up frequently @ night; sometimes because they're legitimately hungry, and sometimes just because they want to get up. Remember that by 7 mos, your baby should be eating enough before bed to keep herself satisfied thru most of the night. Make sure you DO NOT get up with her when she wakes up - no lights, no TVs, no music...keep your room as dark and quiet as possible and don't talk to her. I also share my room w my 5 mos old, and its hard when he's going thru his phases, but I have to ignore him as best as I can (knowing he's fed, not hurting & dry diaper)...thankfully he's a baby who loves his sleep. Let her learn to self-soothe, that's about all you can do!
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 3:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sometimes babies just need mom more than other times. He depends on you.just keep in m mind that he is a baby and not a child. This will pass.
    Ashley0709

Answer by Ashley0709 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Feeding and a bedtime routine like bathing might help. Might not the first time you try it, but if you make it a routine at the same time every night i guarantee it will work, it did for me and my best friend.
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2011