Are we still getting paid on the 14th/15th of April?

we don't have a les out yet and i was wondering if we are getting paid on either of those days? We usually have a mid month les out showing the amount. Can anyone help me out on the question because i am getting very worried about this and we still have bills to pay.

susaninman

Asked by susaninman at 10:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think you should be getting a 1/2 check on the 15th. Call your bank some of the service member credit unions and USAA are trying to help out Active Duty service members.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• There is a lot of info on the DOD website about this. I was just reading it. I'd copy and paste but I'm on my phone and that's a pain in the ass. Also according to some of my military wife friends, there are places helping military member, such as AER for army. I believe there is more info regarding that on the website too.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have read that the soldiers that are in iraq and afganistan will be getting half a paycheck as for the others it didn't specify. My LES is not up either...trust me I am in complete panic mode. We had a lot of bills to pay this month and left our family with hardly anything left from our paycheck. Hubby deploys on the 28th of this month and with the stress of that and now this I could scream!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am sorry that your husband deploys this month, My husband is in korea for the year and he left in feb, yea i know the feeling about this whole pay thing, its driving me insane, I really hope that we get paid.
    susaninman

Comment by susaninman (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• As my husband said, the LAST thing they want to do is NOT pay the guys who are holding the guns!

And as I've said, it should be the CONGRESSMEN/WOMEN who shouldn't be getting paid, not the military members. We should not have to suffer because of their BS. They should suffer because of their own BS.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You'll be getting half pay on the 15th. Service member's credit union, USAA and Navy Fed are offering to advance you the other half, 0% interest loans with 30 day paybacks and extended lines of credit to help buffer this in hopes it's only lasting til the first. USAA is also offering term modifications, Late fee weivers and payment deferments depending of what accounts you have with them. I've had several wives from our company call me this morning who are just now hearing about this. I've told them to gather bills and plan on calling them to report 'no pay due' and to look up budget and emergency recipes clip coupons and call the local stores for price comparisions and coupon policies. Just buy staples, packaged food costs more, and beans are a cheap and healthy alternative to meats depending on what you have to work with. We'll be ok honey, military people are hearty! :o)
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011